Calling all Nordophiles! I am Phillip Dahlager, I can also be known by my persona, Thorvaldr Egilson. I am currently trying to start up a Viking living history group here in MN. The reason I'm starting one is a result of an attempt to find one to join. Unfortunately I could not find a proper option. I found a couple of old time clubs that cost allot of money to join and do little to enrich and educate it's members. I am aware of the "Viking Encampment" group over an Ren Fest and familiar with some of the members. They a great bunch and do an excellent job of what they do.
That all being said, I want to start a free/very low cost group, that meets year round that helps educate and enrich the lives it's members with a community. Where members with specific skills and knowledge help other members to learn new skills, make better gear and round out their historical personas.
So here is my official call to arms. I have started a group (temporarily only on Facebook) called "Viking Clan Drengskapr." It can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/255004581353866/
This group will be for members only. If you would like to join you can request to on the page.
I also started a community page:
https://www.facebook.com/Viking-Living-History-356362597813283/timeline/
For those interested in a more casual sense and to connect with people interested in event's put on by the group. It is also the companion page to this blog which will hopefully help spread the word and garner interest.
I will hopefully be able to put up at least one blog post a month, maybe two. I look forward to what lies in store for the future and to finding others interested in being a part of this community.
No comments:
Post a Comment